Monday, October 29, 2012

Back to Basics Monday: Hygiene is Private

A good friend of mine saw someone in the airport this morning.  He was a stranger to her.  He sat, at the gate, waiting to board his early morning flight.  

As he sat and waited, he flossed his teeth.


As I drove to work the other day, I did some people-watching at a red light.  The woman in the car next to me was a stranger to me.  She sat, in her car, waiting for the light to change.

As she sat and waited, she picked her nose.

In truth, I know HRH just needs a private moment in her gilded carriage at times.  I judge not.  But ... there are hankies.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and confess something.  I do both of these things.  I floss my teeth AND I pick my nose.  

The difference?  I do them in the bathroom.  Pretty much exclusively.  And I feel good about that.

Put this in the category of things you already know, things you would never do in public, and blog posts that feature the Queen picking her nose.  That third list should be pretty short.

Hygiene is private.  It does not blend with travel (air or auto).

Hope your day had ... well, some nice moments.

Ta ta for now,
Proper Paige

3 comments:

~*Jess*~ said...

Gross. The things people do in public blow my mind. Like that one time the old man cut his nails during church. Till his wife gave him the stink eye, thankfully.

Erin @ DomesticAdventure.com said...

Sometimes I floss in the privacy of my office before a meeting...I'm hoping this is slightly more acceptable than out in the open! Maybe I should rethink that...

Mandy said...

Nail clippers. At the table. Second date.

Obviously, I agree with you! :)