Friday, March 8, 2013

Free Form Friday: Belated Oscar Reaction

Truth:  I fell asleep during the Oscars this year.  

Truth:  That has never happened before.

Truth:  I don't think I missed much.

I do, however, have opinions about what people wore.  Because, you know, this isn't a fashion blog, and I am far from a fashionista.  But everyone and their mother is allowed to have opinions about fashion on Oscar  night.

Honorable Mentions:

Amy Adams.  Love it.
Jennifer Lawrence.
I, along with every other blogger and woman in the country,
want to be her best friend.


Best Dressed:

Reese, I adore you.
And that's my favorite color.  And your hair looks fabulous.
And you just had a baby.  Let's have lunch.  OK?
Jessica Chastain.  Looks amazing.


No Dice:

Oh Anne.  I have always loved you.  But ... you are seeming fake these days.
The term "humble brag" comes to mind.  And also, this dress makes you look like your
high beams are on.  YouknowwhatImean?



Jennifer, I adore you and your cute Affleck family.
And I know this is Gucci.  But you look like a grape
with a fancy tail.  Sorry.  It's true.

Here's hoping that you don't fall down any stairs today, and that you do not look like a grape.

Ta ta for now,
Proper Paige

2 comments:

Sara said...

I fell asleep too.

And literally snort-laughed at "high beams".

I want to be your best friend!

~*Jess*~ said...

I did not attempt to watch any of it. You know me and awards shows.

But I did happen to flip past red carpet when Anne Hathaway walked by and thought, what in the hell is going on with her nipples?